Medium size Pot
2 Cups of Water
1 Cup Black Rice
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1/2 Can Organic Coconut Milk
1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut (optional)
1 Tablespoon Dulse Flakes
1. In a medium size pot, add 2 cups of water, coconut oil, and salt.
2. Now add the cup of black rice, bring to a boil, and stir.
3. Reduce heat, don't cook too high! The secret is to let it simmer on medium low.
4. Cook for 40-45 minutes until soft. Add a 1/2 cup of more water if it's still hard or sticking to the pan and not done. Stir again.
5. Once soft and fluffy turn off. Add Coconut milk and spices. Stir and now heat again for only 5 minutes while mixing. Don't let it burn and stick to the pan. You can also add a dash of coconut aminos to this dish as well! So good! This one is a favorite!